Risk management is the identification, assessment, and prioritization of risks followed by coordinated and economical application of resources to minimize, monitor, and control the probability and/or impact of unfortunate events.
Physical security of perimeter
– Quality of security measures (locks on windows, doors, etc);
– Camera coverage of blind spots inside and outside of the building;
– Internal physical security;
– The condition of the property as regards to safety for yourself, your employees and the general public;
– Appropriate fences around pools;
– Additional safety violations;
Computer and network security
– Physical attack on a system (the possibility that someone has access to physically attack and destroy your computers and network systems or walk away with data );
– Electronic attack on a system (host and network level);
– The vast majority of physical and electronic attacks are inside jobs. We will look at your procedures for access and control to determine best practices for your system;
We will provide:
– Safety and security education for employees so they know what conduct is not acceptable, or in violation of company policy. We will also educate them on – what to do, personally and legally – if they witness or are subjected to workplace violence, and how to protect themselves in either case (see SELF DEFENSE below).
– Evaluation of your discipline policies;
We will provide:
Evaluation criteria for hiring and firing employees;
– Evaluation of company job descriptions;
– Review of the company’s job applications (written or online);
– Evaluation of interview techniques;
– Background checks on employee candidates and the use of those checks;
Workman's compensation evaluation
– Investigate suspected workers compensation fraud cases should the validity of the claim be in question or if there’s evidence that alcohol or drugs, or negligence may have been a factor in the employee submitting the claim;
– Investigate unscrupulous providers (billing for services that were not rendered, prescribing unnecessary drugs or treatment, or falsifying a diagnosis);
– Investigate injured worker fraud or abuse – whether the injuries reported indeed exist, whether they were injured somewhere besides while claiming the injury was job-related, doing “inappropriate activities”, and finally, working a job while drawing time-loss for disability;
– Investigate employer fraud or abuse (not reporting any or all employees and therefore getting a “free ride” on insurance at the expense of other employers, reporting fewer hours than the employees have actually worked, etc);
– Pre-employment and pre-promotion – We will investigate the backgrounds of potential employees and verify the accuracy of the applicant’s claims (as regards to education, certification and work experience. We will also investigate to discover any possible criminal history, workers compensation claims, or employer sanctions.
Basic self defense
– Situational awareness, avoidance, criminal predator/victim behavior patterns, de-escalation and the psychology of violent attacks and crimes;
– Should avoidance fail and a physical response is required, we teach convulsive and instinctive responses which are universal in nature and are skill sets that everyone has at their disposal. No need to train for years to be able to effectively defend yourself and get to safety.