Training ClassesIntegrity Security Solution's offers many types of training classes to fit your employer/employee or personal needs. Call us today to book a training class.
Workplace Violence Training Classes
This includes – active shooter situations, co-workers, clients or customers.
Violence or the threat of violence against workers can occur in or outside the workplace. Workplace violence can range from threats and verbal abuse to stalking, physical assaults, and in the worst case, homicide, one of the leading causes of job-related deaths.
1. We teach you to examine all areas of your work environment, including parking lots, entryways, reception areas, work areas, and offices. Is the lighting adequate? Are there convenient escape routes? Do you have a method to summon assistance?
2. We teach you to notice sings of impending violence from co-workers or client/customers. Many people who become violent communicate their intentions in advance.
3. We teach you to take a mental inventory of objects available in your immediate work area that could be potential weapons.
4. We provide safety education for employees so they know what conduct is not acceptable or in violation of company policy, – what to do, personally and legally – if they witness or are subjected to workplace violence, and how to protect themselves against workplace violence.
5. We teach Basic Self-Defense (See below).
Basic Self-Defence ClassesIt is the company’s responsibility to provide a relatively safe working environment to its employees. Workplace violence is a very real danger to companies and is on the rise. This violence is often predictable and avoidable. It is a matter of situational awareness and communication. The most effective self-defense is avoidance and awareness. However, in the worst case scenario when a physical attack is imminent or in progress, some simple skills are all that are needed for people to defend themselves. In our self-defense seminars we teach:
1. Situational awareness, avoidance, criminal predator/victim behavior patterns, de-escalation and the psychology of violent attacks and crimes;
2. Should avoidance fail and a physical response is required, we teach convulsive and instinctive responses which are universal in nature and are skill sets that everyone has at their disposal. No need to train for years to be able to effectively defend yourself and get to safety.